There is no better time to clean out your children’s closets than now! It’s easy – follow these 5 simple steps!
Step 1: Gather those cute clothes!
Go through your children’s closets and pick out those boutique-quality clothes that are in excellent condition. The Monkey Exchange will only accept:
– Minimum of 15 items
– Spring/summer clothes for our spring shows and fall/winter clothes for our fall show.
– Girls and boys sizes from NB to 16.
– Only upscale name brands from boutiques and trunk shows. Please refer here for a list of example brands we take and don’t take. (NO 3 letter monograms please)
– Clothes free of rips/tears/holes, stains, missing or broken buttons/zippers/snaps.
– Clothes that are in style and in excellent condition only!
– Clothes on hangers
– Bows, Ties, Belts, Shoes, Bloomers, Hats, Tights, Socks
Step 2: Hang and Tag Clothes!
– It’s easy and quick, but don’t wait until the last minute! The sale always “locks” the night before at 8:00pm, so get this done before then!
– Please print tags on cardstock. Regular paper WILL RIP as shoppers go through clothes and we don’t want your tags to fall off!
– Fill out the following information clearly:
Price: This is completely determined by you, but we recommend about 25%-30% of retail
price if used and about 50% if new with tags.
Size: Use standard sizes (i.e. 3m, 6m, 9m, 2T, 3T, etc). Please do not use general sizing (i.e. S, M, L)
Description: Simply describe what you are selling (i.e boy seersucker shorts or girl’s pink smocked dress
with bloomers, etc.)
– Attach your tag with a safety pin to the front right area (as you are looking directly at it)
– For bows/headbands, please put in Ziploc bag and put tag inside of bag. You may put more than one bow in a bag.
– For shoes, please put in Ziploc bag and put tag inside of bag. On right side, please write gender and size largely with a black sharpie marker.
– Please hang your clothing with the open end to the left. It should look like a question mark, not an S.
– We recommend using children’s plastic hangers. Appearance sells and wire hangers end up looking messy.
– For pants, please use a pants hanger with clips or safety pin them to a hanger. Do not fold them over – they do not sell well this way. Do not use clothes pins – they fall off.
Step 3: Drop off Your Clothes!
Drop Off: Register now! To get started, please click here, and follow all instructions. If you have questions along the way, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not need an appointment – you will drop off at our show location on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 between 9:00am – 12:00noon. You will need to bring the following items:
1. Clothes (hung, priced, and tagged)
2. Inventory Sheet
Step 4: Pick up Your Clothes!
Option #1: Pick up: You (or a friend/family member if your place) must pick up your unsold clothing at our show location on Friday, March 9, 2018 from 4:30 – 6:00pm. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Option #2: Do not pick up. The clothes will become ownership of The Monkey Exchange.
Step 5: Getting Paid!
You will receive a paycheck in the mail usually within 2 weeks of the show. You will receive 60% of total sales minus a $5 fee.
To work with your inventory and tags at any time, click here!